San Pedro Point Headlands
This is a beautiful but little known nature hike we enjoy even more than the new paved Devil’s Slide Trail. San Pedro Point is more natural and much less crowded. It’s a great place to whale watch and is very quiet with rarely another human soul to be seen. Dogs on leash are allowed.
The easiest access we have found is to park at the northern Devil’s Slide Trail trail head and then walk a few 100 yards north on the paved road parallel to Highway 1. Then take the dirt trail headed north and west. Keep climbing until you see the ocean and several short trails such as those shown in the picture to the right.
- Devil’s Slide Trail – San Pedro Point Headlands trailhead is just north of the Devil’s Slide Trail northern trailhead. Note that parking is quite limited at Devil’s Slide; we usually go at times and on days which are off season.
- Mori Point – Another beautiful spot nearby with better access & parking.
- Pacifica Area Map
- Montara Area Map
- Also see Half Moon Bay coastal trails and map for HiddenSF’s best things for locals to do along the Half Moon Bay Coast line
- Maps of best hiddenSF things to do
- Top of page and Home page