Mori Point, Pacifica, CA
a SF gem on clear days
On a clear day in Pacifica here’s a hidden gem with excellent ocean views that are well worth checking out, especially on a clear day. During spring it also has beautiful native wild flowers.
There are several trails on top and even some man-made steps to help get up there. Bring a jacket, just in case, since Pacifica is the fog capital of the Bay area. Mori Point is still beautiful and often fairly warm even when foggy. :)
Only the locals seem to know about this particular Golden Gate National Park even though it is quite easy to get to from San Francisco via Hwy 1 or from the Peninsula via Hwy 35 & Sharp Park Rd. See map below.
For exact directions on how to get here be sure to check this local map. One nice walk to Mori Point is from the Pacifica Pier along Sharp Park Beach. You can also walk in from the west end of Fairway Drive or from old Mori Point Road (make a quick exit off Hwy 1 while driving south), it is fairly flat and has man-made steps to climb the steepest parts. Another option is to walk in via private lands from Rockaway Beach, to the south; however the cliff trails via this route are steep and fairly dangerous.
- Pacifica Area Map of Best Things To Do
- Mori Ridge Trail to Sweeney Ridge – Excellent trail up the mountain east of Hwy 1. One good trailhead is at Shelldance Orchid Gardens.
- Devil’s Slide Trail – Nice new multi-use trail to the south of here.
- Pedro Point Headlands – Natural trails nearby that are less crowded.
- Montara Area Map of Things To Do
- Half Moon Bay coastal trails and map for HiddenSF’s best things for locals to do along the Half Moon Bay Coast line
- Maps of best hiddenSF things to do
- Top of page and Home page