Best SF Bay Area
Events, Weekends & Festivals 2021
We limit our picks to ONLY the best events in the SF Bay area in 2021, personally handpicked for local insiders to enjoy. Many are unique world-class affairs. A few are just a lot of fun. The events below are organized by month & regularly updated including local Pacific Coast time. Also see regular weekly events at the end of each month below and recently past events.
FEBRUARY 2021 — SF Bay Area Events & Weekends
The mild weather in February is quite pleasant for inland activities that sometimes get quite hot during other months … such as visiting Historic Niles or Old Mission San Jose in Fremont, Hollister, or, walking the flat manicured Bay trails around Foster City and Redwood Shores.
Visit Fremont? This is a good time of year!
We like visiting the lower East Bay in the winter because summers can get quite hot. Here are some excellent places worth checking out: Coyote Hills Park, the Alameda Creek Trails and old town Niles. The Niles Canyon Railway starts up again in February for two Sundays/month.
- Groundhog Day, Tuesday 2/2/21
- Super Bowl, Sunday 2/7/21 3:30 pm
- Chinese New Year, Friday 2/12/21
- Valentines Day, Sunday 2/14/21
- Presidents Day, Monday 2/15/21 (a national holiday)
- More Holidays
Gray Whale Migration Season, Numerous locations along the Pacific coast
12/14/20 – 5/31/21, Paid boat tours or Free from shore
Watch some 20,000 gray whales migrating from the Arctic to Baja, Mexico. Tour boats leave San Francisco, Half Moon Bay, Moss Landing and Monterey during this season. Or, watch them from on shore. See more details.
Fun & Free WEEKLY Events & Activities many CANCELLED (directly double check the event itself for details)
Here are some good things to do that happen regularly every week in February.
- Swing Dancing in the Park – Sundays, 11 am-2 pm, year round. Free dancing & beginners lesson in Golden Gate Park.
- Bicycle Sundays – Open Sundays round subject to weather. Main roads are closed to cars on Sundays at both Golden Gate Park and Canada Road (off Hwys 280 & 92, Belmont) for bicyclists & skaters of all levels to enjoy.
Month of February – Other many CANCELLED or modified (directly double check the event itself for details)
- Pro Sports
- Golden State Warriors: See schedule (or national TV NBA schedule).
- Hockey: San Jose Sharks: See schedule.
- College Sports of all types are in full swing. See Stanford, Cal Berkeley, San Jose State and San Mateo Jr. College event schedules.
- FREE Monthly Museum Days:
Typically the first Tue/Wed/Thu, every month at many Bay Area locations
Many San Francisco Bay Area museums have free admission days once a month. See dates & links. Often these events are quite crowded but if you arrive early enough this is a way to see the best museums for free.