Best SF Bay Area
Events, Weekends & Festivals 2021
We limit our picks to ONLY the best events in the SF Bay area in 2021, personally handpicked for local insiders to enjoy. Many are unique world-class affairs. A few are just a lot of fun. The events below are organized by month & regularly updated including local Pacific Coast time. Also see regular weekly events at the end of each month below and recently past events.
SEPTEMBER 2021 — SF Bay Area Events & Weekends
Milbrae Art & Wine Festival: 10 am-5 pm, Sat-Sun 9/4/21-9/5/21. A big free Mardi Gras-style street fair. See more details.
Free Shakespeare In The Park, Pericles, Prince of Tyre, in Redwood City, San Francisco & Cupertino
9/4/21-10/10/21, Weekends (also on a few weekdays)
In Redwood City, Jerry Garcia Theater San Francisco and Cupertino. See complete calendar.
Rolex Big “Sailing” Boat Series, St. Francis Yacht Club, San Francisco Bay
Thu-Sun 9/15/21-9/19/21, Free
In an effort to bring large racing sail boats to compete in the San Francisco Bay, members of the St. Francis Yacht Club created the St. Francis Perpetual Trophy Regatta in 1964. It features 4 days of world-class competition, between up to 100 teams from around the world, and has become the West Coast’s premier regatta. See details and pictures.
Renaissance Fair, Hollister, CA
Saturdays & Sundays only, 9/18/21-10/24/21, 10 am-6 pm
History comes to life at this Hollister version of the Renaissance Fair. Held at Casa de Fruta every Saturday and Sunday for a month in the fall. Admission $30/day + parking; kids 12 & under free. No pets are allowed. See more details.
San Francisco’s Comedy Day, Sharon Meadow, Golden Gate Park
Sunday, 9/19/21, 12 pm-5 pm, Free
The professional comedy community joins together (each year since 37 years ago when Robin Williams helped them start) to produce a FREE highly-entertaining, PG-13 rated, five-hour show with 40 comedians at Golden Gate Park. Up to 10,000 attendees. See details.
Fun & Free WEEKLY Events & Activities many modified (directly double check the event itself for details)
Here are some good things to do that happen regularly every week in September.
- Yerba Buena Gardens Festival – Dozens of different events (music & shows) held various days of each week. (6/26/21-8/26/21)
- Golden Gate Park Band – Sundays, 1 pm-2:45 pm. 8/1/21-10/3/21. Located at the Music Concourse in Golden Gate Park. See more details.
- Swing Dancing in the Park – Sundays, 11 am-2 pm, year round. Free dancing & beginners lesson in Golden Gate Park. Note: Now open in August 2021.
- Bicycle Sundays – Open Sundays round subject to weather. Main roads are closed to cars on Sundays at both Golden Gate Park and Canada Road (off Hwys 280 & 92, Belmont) for bicyclists & skaters of all levels to enjoy.
Month of September – Other (directly double check the event itself for details)
- Pro Sports
- College Sports: In the Bay Area you can see a variety of interesting collegiate sports up close and at low cost. Check Stanford’s schedule for all sports. Also see the Cal Berkeley, San Jose State and San Mateo Jr. College event schedules.
- FREE Monthly Museum Days:
Many San Francisco Bay Area museums have free admission days once a month. Here are some links.