Best SF Bay Area
Events, Weekends & Festivals 2021
We limit our picks to ONLY the best events in the SF Bay area in 2021, personally handpicked for local insiders to enjoy. Many are unique world-class affairs. A few are just a lot of fun. The events below are organized by month & regularly updated including local Pacific Coast time. Also see regular weekly events at the end of each month below and recently past events.
JUNE 2021 — SF Bay Area Events & Weekends
More events are starting back up after a year of cancellations due to the coronovirus. However, always call ahead to check out the details before going. Start getting out by looking around our site, hiddenSF.com, to find a variety of beautiful places to go see with your friends and loved ones. And keep well!
- Belmont Stakes, Saturday 6/5/21
- Juneteenth, Saturday 6/19/21
- Fathers Day, Sunday 6/20/21
- Summer Solstice, Sunday 6/20/21
- Independence Day, Sunday 7/4/21
- Independence Day Observed, Monday 7/5/21
- More Holidays
Belmont Stakes, Belmont, New York (outside of NYC)
Saturday, 6/5/21. Approximately 3:45 PST. Free on TV. Check time & details here. The third and oldest leg of horse racing’s Triple Crown is the 1-1/2 mile Belmont Stakes.
San Mateo County Fair, County Fair Grounds, 2495 S Delaware St/E. 25th Ave, San Mateo
11 am-10 pm. Sat-Sun 6/5/21-6/6/21, Wed-Sun 6/9/21-6/13/21.
There is a charge for admission and a charge for parking. Check the website for details.
A typical county fair (corn dogs, racing pigs, 4H farm animals, music, etc.) located almost next door to Foster City. Free entertainment comes with Fair admission. Special concerts play nightly (ads say “all concerts free with fair admission” but if you want reserved seats they are expensive).
Fun & Free WEEKLY Events & Activities many modified (directly double check the event itself for details)
Here are some good things to do that happen regularly every week in June.
- Swing Dancing in the Park – Sundays, 11 am-2 pm, year round. Free dancing & beginners lesson in Golden Gate Park. Note: Still closed due to Covid as of 6/1/21.
- Bicycle Sundays – Open Sundays round subject to weather. Main roads are closed to cars on Sundays at both Golden Gate Park and Canada Road (off Hwys 280 & 92, Belmont) for bicyclists & skaters of all levels to enjoy.
Month of June – Other many modified (directly double check the event itself for details)
- Pro Sports
- FREE Monthly Museum Days:
Typically the first Tue/Wed/Thu, every month at many Bay Area locations
Many San Francisco Bay Area museums have free admission days once a month. See dates & links. Often these events are quite crowded but if you arrive early enough this is a way to see the best museums for free.