Best SF Bay Area
Events, Weekends & Festivals 2020
We limit our picks to ONLY the best events in the SF Bay area in 2020, personally handpicked for local insiders to enjoy. Many are unique world-class affairs. A few are just a lot of fun. The events below are organized by month & regularly updated including local Pacific Coast time. Also see regular weekly events at the end of each month below and recently past events.
DECEMBER 2020 — SF Bay Area Events & Weekends
We’re sorry to say that corona virus social distancing is still causing the cancellation of many if not most San Francisco Bay Area special events. However you can still look around our site, hiddenSF.com, to find a variety of beautiful places to go see with your loved ones. Keep well!
Gray Whale Migration Season, Numerous locations along the Pacific coast
12/15/20 – 5/31/21, Paid boat tours or Free from shore
Watch some 20,000 gray whales migrating from the Arctic to Baja, Mexico. Tour boats leave San Francisco, Half Moon Bay, Moss Landing and Monterey during this season. Or, watch them from on shore. See more details.
Here are some good things to do that happen regularly every week in November.
- Swing Dancing in the Park – Sundays, 11 am-2 pm, year round. Free dancing & beginners lesson in Golden Gate Park.
- Bicycle Sundays – Open Sundays round subject to weather. Main roads are closed to cars on Sundays at both Golden Gate Park and Canada Road (off Hwys 280 & 92, Belmont) for bicyclists & skaters of all levels to enjoy.
Month of December – Other many CANCELLED or modified (directly double check the event itself for details)
- Pro Sports: See the SF 49ers Schedule and the Golden State Warriors Schedule .
- College Sports: In the Bay Area you can see a variety of interesting collegiate sports up close and at low cost. E.g., Check Stanford’s schedules for all sports. Also see the Cal Berkeley, San Jose State and San Mateo Jr. College event schedules.
- FREE Monthly Museum Days:
Typically the first Tue/Wed/Thu, every month at many Bay Area locations
Many San Francisco Bay Area museums have free admission days once a month. See dates & links. Often these events are quite crowded but if you arrive early enough this is a way to see the best museums for free.