Best SF Bay Area
Events, Weekends & Festivals 2020
We limit our picks to ONLY the best events in the SF Bay area in 2019, personally handpicked for local insiders to enjoy. Many are unique world-class affairs. A few are just a lot of fun. The events below are organized by month & regularly updated including local Pacific Coast time. Also see regular weekly events at the end of each month below and recently past events.
APRIL 2020 — SF Bay Area Events & Weekends
Coronavirus social distancing has caused the cancellation of almost all San Francisco Bay Area events. However you can still look around our site, hiddenSF.com, to find a variety of beautiful places to go see with your loved ones. Keep well!
- Tax Day, Wednesday 4/15/20(extended to Wednesday 7/15/20)
- Good Friday, Friday 4/10/20
- Easter Sunday, Sunday 4/12/20
- More Holidays
Gray Whale Migration Season, Numerous locations along the Pacific coast
12/15/19 – 5/31/20, Free from shore
Watch some 20,000 gray whales migrating from the Arctic to Baja, Mexico. Tour boats leave San Francisco, Half Moon Bay, Moss Landing and Monterey during this season. Or, watch them from on shore. See more details.
- Off The Grid at Fort Mason Center – Friday Nights through October, This is the largest food truck event in the U.S. with over 30 independent food vendors, music and considerable action. See details.
- Picnic at the Presidio, Main Parade Ground – Sundays, 11 am-4 pm. Off the Grid’s food vendors gather in this great venue. March – October. See details.
- Golden Gate Park Band – Sundays, 1 pm-2:45 pm. 4/28/19-10/6/19. Located at the Music Concourse in Golden Gate Park. See more details.
- Swing Dancing in the Park – Sundays, 11 am-2 pm, year round. Free dancing & beginners lesson in Golden Gate Park.
- Bicycle Sundays – Open Sundays round subject to weather. Main roads are closed to cars on Sundays at both Golden Gate Park and Canada Road (off Hwys 280 & 92, Belmont) for bicyclists & skaters of all levels to enjoy.
Month of April – Other CANCELLED
- Pro Sports: See Golden State Warriors, San Francisco Giants and San Jose Sharks.
- Golden State Warriors: See schedule (or national TV NBA schedule).
- College Sports: In the Bay Area you can see a variety of interesting collegiate sports up close and at low cost. E.g., the sunken diamond at Stanford is one of the best places to watch college baseball in the country. Check Stanford’s schedules for baseball or all sports. Also see the Cal Berkeley, San Jose State and San Mateo Jr. College event schedules.
- FREE Monthly Museum Days:
Typically the first Tue/Wed/Thu, every month at many Bay Area locations
Many San Francisco Bay Area museums have free admission days once a month. See dates & links. Often these events are quite crowded but if you arrive early enough this is a way to see the best museums for free.