Best SF Bay Area
Events, Weekends & Festivals 2021
We limit our picks to ONLY the best events in the SF Bay area in 2021, personally handpicked for local insiders to enjoy. Many are unique world-class affairs. A few are just a lot of fun. The events below are organized by month & regularly updated including local Pacific Coast time. Also see regular weekly events at the end of each month below and recently past events.
OCTOBER 2021 — SF Bay Area Events & Weekends
The clear, mild weather usually makes Fall the best time of the year to visit Half Moon Bay and the Half Moon Bay Coastline. See the pumpkin patches and visit Pescadero, our favorite small town between San Francisco & Santa Cruz. Be aware, however, that Halloween along the coast is very crowded so start & leave early to help minimize chances of getting stuck in a serious traffic jam.
San Francisco Fleet Week, Fishermans Wharf area
Monday-Monday 10/3/21 – 10/11/21, Free
Fleet Week attracts more than a million visitors each year to see the parade of ships, ship tours and air show featuring the Blue Angels. See more details .
Blue Angels Air Show, Fishermans Wharf & Marina area
Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10/8/21 – 10/10/21, 12 pm-4 pm, Free
It starts with several other aircraft performances and ends with the Blue Angels from 3 pm – 4 pm. See more about best places to watch the show.
Italian Heritage Festival & Parade Washington Square, San Francisco
Fri -Sun 10/8/21-10/10/21
See the different events here culminating with the parade starting 12:30 pm on Sunday 10/10/21 in Fisherman’s Wharf and ending in Washington Square. Expect parking problems and big crowds since the Blue Angels Air Show will be performing at the same time.
Jr Grand National Livestock Show Cow Palace, Daly City
Thu-Sun 10/7/21-10/10/21, Admission
There are several different events during the week including livestock exposition and horse shows depending on your interests. This year we don’t see any rodeo. See details
Free Shakespeare In The Park, Pericles, Prince of Tyre, in Cupertino (Stevens Creek Blvd & Mary Ave)
10/2/21-10/10/21, Weekends. See complete calendar.
Renaissance Fair, Hollister, CA
Saturdays & Sundays only, 9/18/21-10/24/21, 10 am-6 pm
History comes to life at this Hollister version of the Renaissance Fair. Held at Casa de Fruta every Saturday and Sunday for a month in the fall. Admission $30/day + parking; kids 12 & under free. No pets are allowed. See more details.
Fun & Free WEEKLY Events & Activities many modified (directly double check the event itself for details)
Here are some good things to do that happen regularly every week in October.
- Golden Gate Park Band – Sundays, 1 pm-2:45 pm. 8/1/21-10/3/21. Located at the Music Concourse in Golden Gate Park. See more details.
- Swing Dancing in the Park – Sundays, 11 am-2 pm, year round. Free dancing & beginners lesson in Golden Gate Park. Note: Now open in August 2021.
- Bicycle Sundays – Open Sundays round subject to weather. Main roads are closed to cars on Sundays at both Golden Gate Park and Canada Road (off Hwys 280 & 92, Belmont) for bicyclists & skaters of all levels to enjoy.
Month of October – Other (directly double check the event itself for details)
- Pro Sports
- College Sports: In the Bay Area you can see a variety of interesting collegiate sports up close and at low cost. Check Stanford’s schedule for all sports. Also see the Cal Berkeley, San Jose State and San Mateo Jr. College event schedules.
- FREE Monthly Museum Days:
Many San Francisco Bay Area museums have free admission days once a month. Here are some links.